REINFORCED CONCRETE REPAIR & PROTECTION SYSTEMS
For the repair of reinforced concrete elements in which fractures and peeling of the concrete occur and oxidation of their reinforcements, the following steps are proposed, which briefly describe the appropriate procedure:
1. Removal of all loose, damaged, degraded, and bad sections of concrete and complete exposure of oxidized reinforcement bars.
2. The steel reinforcement bars, as well as the whole area to be repaired, should be cleaned using a wire brush, sandblasting or other mechanical means to remove rust.
3. Apply ATRIACONVERTER of ATRIA with a brush on the reinforcement bars to stabilize the rust.
4. Coating of a layer of FERROPROTECT by CIR corrosion protection mortar, 1-2 mm thick with a brush on the reinforcement bars and the adjacent concrete surfaces.
5. Application of AZICHEM CONSILEX SAN by spraying to increase the surface adhesion of existing concrete.
6. Application of AZICHEM REPAR TIX reinforced concrete repair mortar, in suitable thickness (placed in thickness of 3-4 cm at a time) for the restoration of decomposed concrete.
7. Application of fine-grained finishing mortar with corrosion inhibitor REPAR SM by AZICHEM, in thickness 2-3mm, for protection against corrosion as well as for smoothing and finishing.
- Application details, necessary wetting of the repaired surface, as well as observance of the action time of the repair materials as mentioned in the technical specifications of the materials.
REINFORCEMENT PROTECTION AT DEPTH UP TO 40mm
Application on the surface of the structural element of fine-grained finishing mortar with corrosion inhibitor REPAR SM by AZICHEM, in thickness of 2-3 mm or impregnation of the concrete surface using CONSILEX NO RUST by AZICHEM.